Tracfone is well known for its non-contract services as a prepaid mobile service provider. Being able to enjoy the fastest networks from the US and in some parts of Mexico, Tracfone is an affordable way to get connected while you’re on a budget.
And today at code4gsm, we’re happy to announce that we now support unlock for all Tracfone devices including its subsidiaries Straight Talk, Simple Mobile, Total Wireless, Walmart Family Mobile, and GoSmart, Net10 Wireless, and Page Plus Cellular.
If you own a Tracfone device or any of the above-mentioned prepaid services carrier, you can now have your phone unlocked so you can use it on any network across the globe!
How to Permanently Sim Unlock Tracfone Devices
All Tracfone (and its subsidiaries) devices, both GSM and CDMA, can now be unlocked through code4gsm.
The process is fairly easy. Here’s how:
1. Dial #TFUNLOCK# (#83865625#) to open the Unlock Code menu
2. The device will ask for 2 Unlock Codes: In the first field, please enter the MCK/DEFREEZE Code. In the second field, please enter either the SPCK code OR (in case you did not receive an SPCK code), the NCK/NETWORK code.
3. Your device will show a “Device Unlocked“ message and may reboot.
4. That’s it – Your device is now successfully unlocked and ready to use with any GSM carrier worldwide!
Having your Tracfone phone unlocked is easy, the unlock codes for your device will be provided by code4gsm! If you want to have your Tracfone phone unlocked, we have to know a few information from you in order for us to generate the unlock codes.
We need your device model number, its IMEI or serial number (how to know your IMEI code here), and your carrier.
How to Know If You’re Using Tracfone GSM or CDMA Phone
There are two types of Tracfone devices, CDMA and GSM. It is important to know that an unlocked CDMA phone will only work with CDMA carriers, and an unlocked GSM phone will only work with GSM carriers.
If you are planning to switch carriers, please make sure that your phone is compatible with the type of network your new carrier is servicing.
Although most carriers in the USA are GSM, many carriers such as Verizon, Sprint, and US Cellular still use CDMA. On the other hand, the more commonly known carriers that are GSM are T-Mobile and AT&T.
If you are unsure what type of Tracfone you own, here is an easy way how:
For older Tracfone device
• If your phone model ends with a “G”, then it means you are using a phone compatible with a GSM carrier.
• If your phone model ends with either a “C” it means you are using a phone compatible with a CDMA network.
For new Tracfone device
• If your phone model ends with “VL” it means it’s using the Verizon-LTE network.
• Some GSM phones from Tracfone use “AL” or “BL” which means they are either using AT&T LTE or T-Mobile LTE. There are also “DL”and “TL” models both of these are GSM as well.
For the best experience with your unlocked Tracfone device, we recommend that you choose the carrier which has the best coverage in your area.
Moreover, please note that most of the world uses GSM, good to know if you want to travel outside the USA and want to use a Tracfone device.